Wednesday, August 30, 2006
ET (energetic tourist) phones home...
I had an interview in Covent Garden today and so trundled across the road to the bus into Southend, caught the 9:46 to Liverpool, the circle line train to Kings Cross and then the Picadilly line to Covent Garden. After catching up with "Smartteachers" I went to visit the bank and opened an account. Then I bought a combined usbdrive/mp3 player so now I can download various news (e.g. abc.net.au) and listen to "home" to catch up with news (VALE Don Chipp). The whole trip took about 8 hours and cost £15 in train tickets, £16 to post a hefty package home, £1.60 for coffee, £5 for a "phone home" card (see picture taken at "The Strand") and £28 for the usb/mp3 player. I then spent 3 hours on the phone getting car insurance quotes, and I think the RAC will win that particular war. Tonight I will check if my potential new wheels (Peugot 406 2L diesel) is encumbered (still under finance), tomorrow or friday it will get a mechanical check, and then...presto...I drive...
Comments:
<< Home
Anthony ,(or Actionman as you will now be known) full marks for getting your shit together.You will have it all ticking over by the time family arrive.
Like the sound of the shopping over there ie.the speedy computer service.Like the look of the neighbourhood Raleigh??is that the general area you will end up in?
News:John D'Orazio sacked from ALP,jail for guy who put toddler in clothes dryer for "dizzywizzy",Dockers slayed the Eagles,Macphails have got a new dog ,nameless as yet,a Border Collie, which only goes to show that some never learn.
xx
J and D
Post a Comment
Like the sound of the shopping over there ie.the speedy computer service.Like the look of the neighbourhood Raleigh??is that the general area you will end up in?
News:John D'Orazio sacked from ALP,jail for guy who put toddler in clothes dryer for "dizzywizzy",Dockers slayed the Eagles,Macphails have got a new dog ,nameless as yet,a Border Collie, which only goes to show that some never learn.
xx
J and D
<< Home

