Monday, September 11, 2006
A house fit for a mouse
After trawling through the most appalling squalid doll houses (at £850/calendar month!), wondering how Jackson will negotiate a steep flight of rickety stairs when sleepwalking, and how we will fit a bed, desk and chair, wardrobe, etc., into a 6'x7' room, finally I have found a "bungalow" which will hopefully meet our needs. I nearly didn't turn up to see the house, because I envisaged bungalow as an outhouse-type arrangement. In fact, it is a cultural difference - bungalow is the name for a single storey house. This particular bungalow has a massive backyard, three bedrooms, lounge/dining, kitchen, bathroom and a little conservatory. It is all newly renovated in wood, slate and marble, and comes with appliances and some furniture. Phew!Thank-you God for this one! I went for a big spin in the car today, up into Suffolk - pictures should appear over the next few days - stay tuned loyal blog watchers!
Comments:
<< Home
Well done. Tell us about the kitchen and the central heating. How far is it from the school?
'Trust you're having a great time pootling about, discovering the place.
How have you found the calibre of food that's on offer? Tried a Wimpie's Burger yet?
'Trust you're having a great time pootling about, discovering the place.
How have you found the calibre of food that's on offer? Tried a Wimpie's Burger yet?
Hi Pecky
House looks like a great find, well done!
Looking forward to the woodlands at the back of the house.
Cheers
Wifey xxx
House looks like a great find, well done!
Looking forward to the woodlands at the back of the house.
Cheers
Wifey xxx
Replies:
a) Greg: the kitchen is slate floor and marble benchtops, but quite small by Oz standards. All houses are centrally heated and have double glazing for the winter. It is about 2km from the school. See next entry for pootling news. The food is great because I am cooking it myself! Haven't seen Wimpie's as yet.
b) Kym: Yes the woodlands will be quite a bonus for the boys I think.
a) Greg: the kitchen is slate floor and marble benchtops, but quite small by Oz standards. All houses are centrally heated and have double glazing for the winter. It is about 2km from the school. See next entry for pootling news. The food is great because I am cooking it myself! Haven't seen Wimpie's as yet.
b) Kym: Yes the woodlands will be quite a bonus for the boys I think.
Hi Anthony
I am getting worried about you.
All those churches...hmmm
Father Terry is retiring..maybe a shift back ?
You seem happy. Planning any major Easyrider rides to discover Britain?
Lyndon
I am getting worried about you.
All those churches...hmmm
Father Terry is retiring..maybe a shift back ?
You seem happy. Planning any major Easyrider rides to discover Britain?
Lyndon
hay pa how are you? as you know I am crook the doc told me that my cold is purely viral.He also told me that it would be a complete waist of time to give me some antibiotics.Now I have to take an extra three days off school.Is your tooth painful? Looking forward to seeing you and I am missing your 'hilarious' jokes. You don't have a very good dental history do you... thinking of you
luv from Mitch
Post a Comment
luv from Mitch
<< Home

