Saturday, September 02, 2006

 

Technology Rules

How is this blog made? A digital camera set up on an ironing board takes a time delay photograph of my desk and computer, and me! The picture is uploaded to the computer and cropped and saved onto a usbdrive. I then write this small paragraph and save it onto the usbdrive as well. Finally I drive into southend to the internet cafe, log on and upload both files to the blogspot server. Then I download all of the latest am/pm broadcasts from abc.net.au and listen to the news on the drive back on an mp3 player! Simple? Well, relatively speaking yes, but I am still amazed and surprised at the level of "connectedness" obtainable in the modern world. In constant contact with my family via the mobile and a "live" email conversation with my wife has me convinced there is no real need for communities to believe themselves isolated from the rest of the world. What a wonderful device for togetherness is the internet! Enjoy!

Comments:
Hi Pecky

Just over at Hammy Hill for father's day and am eaching Mum how to add comments so beware you may be inundated!!!!!

Beautiful day here and Noel is enjoying a house free of people for a well earned snooze.

We are all missing you but am sure you are filling up your time.

Cheers

Wifey xxx
 
Hi!

Anthony, I,ve received my passport - I'll never forgive you if you say that you recognise me from the photo, however this means that I'll be seeing you aver there in about 6 months. All the best for your setting up things for the family arrival. Love

Cushla
 
Hey Dad
HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!!
Hows it going in England?
Hope you have a great day All is good here at hammy Hill, Da is better.
From Jackson
 
Hi Anthony

What a jammed packed stay it has been over here - I'm hoping that things start to improve from now on.
I am going to rebook our fare for Wednesday and hopefully that will work out.

Hope school is going to go well and your house situation will fall in place soon.

Happy Fathers Day !!!

Love Mum
 
Hey Anthony

Great website, looking forward to more of your interesting events

Hope you are well, Had Kym and Mitchell over for a cuppa this afternoon.

Cheers
Marla
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?