Monday, October 02, 2006
A cold for the common man
No photos today - spent the weekend clutching my head, sneezing, nose running like a faucet, and generally moping about moaning. In the times when the virus allowed my head some clarity I finished unpacking the 10 precious boxes. Folks, if you are ever going to travel to live in a foreign country for a few months (or years) DO NOT PACK ANYTHING SENSIBLE!! The fun of opening boxes of cuddly toys, broken down pots from a familiar kitchen, wacky mugs, slippers and towels with faded patterns is just INDESCRIBABLE. Such joy, such comfort. Tonight I will dig out Mitchell's bedding and set his up, tomorrow Jackson's new bed arrives after school and I will set his up.
Here's a weird thing! Due to my foggy virused brain I locked myself out of my house not once, but twice in one hour! First time I clicked on the deadlock before I left and ended up a ladder squeezing in through the window above the little A-frame over the door (check out the photo from two posts ago), and the second time I was putting out the rubbish when the front door swung shut and...no keys with me! In over the neighbours fence, then mine, then in the conservatory door for that one.
On friday I downloaded 10 hours of ABC radio and spent a blissful time pottering about the house with the familiar sounds of home wafting about. I hope when the family arrives my homesickness will completely dry up and I'll be less of a sap and more of a globetrotting tourist type, eating bagels stuffed with brie and drinking schnapps chased by grappa!
Until then - ciao fellow bloggers and do leave a message!
Anthony
Here's a weird thing! Due to my foggy virused brain I locked myself out of my house not once, but twice in one hour! First time I clicked on the deadlock before I left and ended up a ladder squeezing in through the window above the little A-frame over the door (check out the photo from two posts ago), and the second time I was putting out the rubbish when the front door swung shut and...no keys with me! In over the neighbours fence, then mine, then in the conservatory door for that one.
On friday I downloaded 10 hours of ABC radio and spent a blissful time pottering about the house with the familiar sounds of home wafting about. I hope when the family arrives my homesickness will completely dry up and I'll be less of a sap and more of a globetrotting tourist type, eating bagels stuffed with brie and drinking schnapps chased by grappa!
Until then - ciao fellow bloggers and do leave a message!
Anthony
Comments:
<< Home
Hi Ants
Your poor head must be bad to lock yourself out of the house twice.
I did a stupid thing today - went to an Appointment in Moruya and discovered it was on tomorrow - never done it before. I don't think it is age !!
Not long now before the crew arrive - roll on Saturday.
ELP XXX
Post a Comment
Your poor head must be bad to lock yourself out of the house twice.
I did a stupid thing today - went to an Appointment in Moruya and discovered it was on tomorrow - never done it before. I don't think it is age !!
Not long now before the crew arrive - roll on Saturday.
ELP XXX
<< Home
