Monday, October 30, 2006
Having a Wale of a time...

Hi all - back from Wales after a magic couple of days in the Breacon National Park staying in an old farmhouse B&B. We called in at Hay-on-Wye for the millions of secondhand books, and then visited the odd castle, like Raglan Castle and Tretower Castle (pictured with the boys). We went to Wales via Cardiff, but Kym skillfully navigated us back via Gloucester and Oxford, thus avoiding all the end of midterm break traffic (see map). We saw some great stuff along the way and already have some ideas for future jaunts. Interestingly many people that I have spoken to since, when finding out where we went, claimed "Wales? Never been there." Very strange...
Comments:
<< Home
"never been there" That's because it's always raining! Actually, I've been lots of times but I've hardly ever seen the view! I suppose I kept going back out of loyalty because I'm 1/8th Welsh. Joking aside there's lot's of fabulous scenery in Wales if you're lucky enough to get the right weather, and several cute little private steam railways too. Make sure you get to Snowdonia before you return to Oz. Deb
Post a Comment
<< Home
