Monday, October 09, 2006
Snakes alive - the family has arrived
Juggling snakes seems like an unusual way to spend your first week of school holidays - but what would I know here in the UK as my family entertained themselves in Malaysia during the week. At around 5pm on Saturday I headed off along the A127 to join the M25. For a lark I headed clockwise across the Dartford Crossing (over the Thames), arriving there just on sunset for the most gorgeous crossing. I found myself at Heathrow Terminal 3 around 6:15, had some dinner and got my first text message from Kym around 7pm. Some 40 minutes later they strode through, very red eyed and tired. The boys slept as I completed the M25 circle back to the A127, and Kym and I caught up on 7 weeks of gossip.Sunday found us settling in as a family again, we went for a little drive down to Southend, through Rayleigh, Hockley and Rochford so Kym and the kids could get their bearings. Sunday night dinner was Chile Con Carne, and then all off to bed to catch up on much needed post-flight sleep.
Hey! My family is here! :)
Comments:
<< Home
Excellent news! Kym and kids, we'd be interested to hear of your first impressions of the UK, and of your time in Penang. I just got back from my two week flog down the WA coast on Sunday, parts of which under most trying circumstances (35kt winds, 4m swell etc). Good to be back.
Anyway, keenly awaiting tales of your adventures.
Greg
Post a Comment
Anyway, keenly awaiting tales of your adventures.
Greg
<< Home
