Tuesday, November 28, 2006
Avoid fruits and nuts. You are what you eat...
Australia and the UK are in the grip of myths about each other. For instance, the boys have had to endure endless questions about kangaroos hopping down the main street - are they dangerous, etc. Everyone here seems to assume we have met Steve Irwin and a traumatised by his death. In the meantime, many people from Oz told us with great authority before we left that good fresh produce was either not available or very expensive here in England. In fact, we were astounded by the variety. The exception is chinese vegetables, which we made great use of in Leeming, but which are very hard to find here (so far). So last night I was making a little vegetarian pasta dish, and I thought I'd pop a pic so you can see that we are eating well. The total cost for the meal was around £3 (about AU$7.50) for the four of us. Wine to accompany was extra! We are currently trying to source a good wine supplier - and slowly figuring out the market over here - it is very different to Australia, but the newspaper wine guides are very useful. The two litres of Baileys Irish Cream that we bought on the ferry back from France is a real treat though!It is Mitchell's 12th birthday tomorrow and we are organising to go into London to the Dungeons to "celebrate" - you have to be 12 to get in! I'm scared already! If you wish to send a birthday greeting - please do - I'm sure he will appreciate it...
Comments:
<< Home
Hey Mitchell, Happy Birthday! sorry the replys so late i was playing at a concert. Have an funky fresh day and i'll phone you on the weekend
Al3x.j
Al3x.j
For fresh Chinese veggies you can't go far wrong with a trip to your local Asian shop (not sure if they are that popular in Essex). If that's not an option then head to Chinatown - Leicester Square is the closest tube station. You're sure to find everything you need/ want.
Janet x
Janet x
Happy birthday mitchell its Dan, so how's stuff?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
I like stuff !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ooga booga!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bye bye mitchell
Daniel.m
I like stuff !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ooga booga!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bye bye mitchell
Daniel.m
Hello UK Pecks - sounds like things are 'hopping' over there. Speaking of which, I DO have some expertise on kangaroos hopping down the main street and, yes, they do. Not in major cities, of course, but you might remember a place called Durras near Batemans Bay on the south coast and they are certainly a traffic hazard there. Not to mention a general driving hazard on most golf courses. I'll email over some pics of my little buggers which can be seen eating my potplants, climbing on the armcahir and hiding (not very successfully) behind a pillow on the bed. Some of your UK friends may be interested that some of us Do live in rather intimate contact with our wildlife.
Hope you enjoy birthday celebrations and dungeon sight seeing.
Cheers - Kath'n'Wok
Post a Comment
Hope you enjoy birthday celebrations and dungeon sight seeing.
Cheers - Kath'n'Wok
<< Home

