Saturday, November 04, 2006
We love London :)
Around every corner a new revelation as we wander around with mouths agape in downtown London. While I tottered off to the London Chess Centre, Kym and the boys rubbernecked around the Tower of London and London Bridge. We met up at the London Eye around 1pm for a 30-minute revolution, 135m high at it's peak. The weather was warm and clear so it was perfect for the bird's eye view of the city. We then plotted a course to Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament, then off to Westminster Abbey and via Downing Street to Trafalgar Square and finally back into the Tube to Liverpool street station and home (see green line on map).
Quite a day out! Here's a word from the family:
Mitchell: Getting near Guy Fawkes Night, the fireworks are starting to develop. It is hard to get to sleep. That's a bad time because getting used to school again is tiring. Today was exciting, the cathedrals in London are exceptionally large! The Eye was uncomfortably crowded. The English students are friendly.
Jackson: School is good - I have never heard the "f" word so many times in my life! Today was fun, learnt how to navigate ourselves around using the Tube.
Kym: I'm amazed that every street corner has something on it - it is very interesting and there is so much history. I wonder what has happened to modern architecture?
Anthony: Enjoy the pics - we took 54 today, plus about 1/2 hour of video footage - I wonder when this great weather will break?


Quite a day out! Here's a word from the family:Mitchell: Getting near Guy Fawkes Night, the fireworks are starting to develop. It is hard to get to sleep. That's a bad time because getting used to school again is tiring. Today was exciting, the cathedrals in London are exceptionally large! The Eye was uncomfortably crowded. The English students are friendly.
Jackson: School is good - I have never heard the "f" word so many times in my life! Today was fun, learnt how to navigate ourselves around using the Tube.
Kym: I'm amazed that every street corner has something on it - it is very interesting and there is so much history. I wonder what has happened to modern architecture?
Anthony: Enjoy the pics - we took 54 today, plus about 1/2 hour of video footage - I wonder when this great weather will break?


Comments:
<< Home
Great news about your visa Ant. Looks like life is a buzz for you guys. Cheers, Catherine.
Today we had the school fair. It was fun. I went with Molly and Lochy. They came for a sleepover last night.I think your uniform is cool although it makes you look older. How is school? Bye. Jarrad
Today we had the school fair. It was fun. I went with Molly and Lochy. They came for a sleepover last night.I think your uniform is cool although it makes you look older. How is school? Bye. Jarrad
Hi All!
Glad that you are all sounding positive about things. London sounds fun. Hope you all enjoy today (Monday) and all the challenges it may present!
Love Cushla xxxx
Post a Comment
Glad that you are all sounding positive about things. London sounds fun. Hope you all enjoy today (Monday) and all the challenges it may present!
Love Cushla xxxx
<< Home
