Thursday, November 30, 2006

 

The years fly by

With Mitchell's 12th birthday yesterday I thought I'd post an old pic so we all can remind ourselves of just how quickly time moves on - give everyone you love a hug today, because tomorrow they might be too large! The celebrations have so far included a rather amateurish looking chocolate cake bolstered structurally by heaps of cream, a mobile phone which Mitch received a couple of months prior to the actual day, and tomorrow some pals from school are coming over to watch some "real" football (AFL of course!) and to munch on pizza. Speaking of football - isn't it great that Portsmouth are having a fine season in the Premier League. I'd also mention the Cricket - but may not get out of the country alive if I go there again...
From feedback via phone and email, some people are not sure about how to leave a message on the blog. Firstly - it's highly encouraged! Thank you to regular contributors such as Cushla, ELP, Janet, etc., who are always brightening up our day. If you are unsure, check out the pic below (if you click on the pics they become enlarged). You can post anonymously if you are shy - but do tell us who you are if you can.
The time delays from Oz to UK are frustrating! The best time to call us is the early morning if you are on the east coast (e.g 8:00am there is 9:00pm here), and probably mid afternoon if you are on the west coast (e.g. 3:00pm there is 7:00am here). It's a little easier on the weekends of course! We are using phone cards which work out for us at about 3p per minute to phone home - bargain!

Comments:
Don't mention the cricket!!!! Even as an Irish lass I'm getting stick about the pommies' inability to play the game. Have a lovely weekend. Janet x
 
I assume someone has told you that daylight saving comes in here (WA) on Sunday early morning? Then you'll have to rewrite this bit of your blog! Darn it!

Deb
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?