Sunday, December 17, 2006
Back to where I belong
Hello from Wickford, UK. The pic you see is a contrast of teaching environments. Can you pick the differences? For the younger ones, can you see the red bag in both, and if you are eagle-eyed, can you see the camera bag in both! It's an intercontinental spot the ball competition!Tomorrow I start teaching proper at The Plume - it is a garden variety comprehensive, but for many reasons it is a completely different prospect to my last place of work! Please send positive vibes!
We have sent some parcels and cards to you, but please be patient with the delivery times as I have been told many times that we are too late for a Christmas delivery.
Yesterday I suffered a completely unexpected back spasm that saw me writhing around in pain for most of the day - it has improved today (Sunday), and I am hopeful that I can actually go to my first day of work tomorrow! The doc says "keep moving" so I sit for a while then go for a walk for half an hour or so. What next???
Our mobiles will be all fine for contact over the Christmas period in Denmark - it does seem like a very expensive country for telecommunications, so SMS might be more economically feasible than voice calls. Either way - we hope to catch up with you soon. Thanks for dropping by again! Ant.