Thursday, December 21, 2006

 

Too Cool for School

Mitch almost made it to the end of the term, but yesterday his cold got the better of him and we stayed at home nursing the flowing nose and sneezy head for the day. Interestingly, we were able to get an appointment with the local clinic (about 100m from the door), and then Mitch's antibiotics, peak flow meter and ventolin were all FREE on prescription. Very cool! Speaking of cool, the attached pic shows what we are seeing most mornings when we go out to the car. This morning for instance, it was -2 degrees when I drove Kym to the station. The boys and I are on two weeks holiday from today, and we are going shopping to get some warm gear for Denmark. I have been slightly alarmed by the information that Denmark is almost completely closed up for the first three days we are in the country - and the tourist bureau has advised us to bring food from the UK! Quite bizarre - we really cannot imagine that there will not be a single shop open for three days, but we'll let you know! Maybe we'll need to fly out every day for supplies! This is probably the last blog before Christmas - so from all of us over here - MERRY CHRISTMAS! We miss you all and hope you have a great festive break.

Comments:
Howdy, finally noticed the little tiny 'comment' word and so I am now entering a comment. Firstly, to confirm my email addresses...bwayne@region.waterloo.on.ca at work and wayne.brabazon@sympatico.ca at home. So after reading about all the bad kids in the UK, I am now really worried about Darren. His buddy Adam (affectionately know as the British Kid) and Darren hung out together here in Kitchener and seemed to stay out of trouble so I hope their week together goes well....two 20 year old boy/men hanging out in London, how bad can it go? So get Kym to email me so that I have your email address...take care and please drive on the correct side of the road, whatever side that may be. WayneB.
 
Merry Christmas Peck family!

.....and the best for 2007.

love from the Macphails
 
Hi, it's me again!

Christmas was certainly different this year,we had depleted numbers and no grandkids - you were all missed!
Glad that the Scandinavian experience proved to be such a positive experience. Take care and a happy and successful New Year. Love Mum xxxx
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?