Friday, January 12, 2007

 

2+0+0+7=9

The new year blooms and we have just done our first full week of 2007. For most of our blog visitors this is a blissful time of summer: cricket, beach, bbq, paperbacks and rest. For us it is a little different! The weather has been very "pleasant" in that most days have been around 10 celsius, but the rain has been very constant. The boys have managed to negotiate their two bus journey to school in the rain a couple of times this week. Not only that, but most days they leave and lock up after Kym and I go, and have beaten me home a few times too. Are they latchkey kids? Probably, but that's growing up, innit?
It is late Friday here, after the traditional fish&chips (and a beer or two). I will start my Saturday calls soon, but the time delay is a pain. Although I guess not as much pain as a broken wrist (hi Warwick) and a new hip (hi Dad). All of our thoughts are with you.
We were contacted by May Linton (Eric's neice) in Bath during the week, and it looks like we are heading down late January to take in Stonehenge and other delights in the area. May owns a B&B down there - should be a good weekend to coincide with the Anniversary (16th - hi Ross and Anne - same same) and the Birthday (44th - holy hell). I have also been looking to the Linares chess tournament in March (think Wimbledon for nerds, but with "only" €100K for first place) and the Turkish MotoGP in April. I hope the bank manager is feeling generous .
A good weekend to you all. Mine is filled with marking and sleep!!

P.S. The pic is of Kym comforting Anthony as he considers the cost of European holidays.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?