Sunday, January 14, 2007
One foot either side of the world
Today Kym directed us into London so the boys could see her place of work. We crossed the Woolwich ferry, looked at the old bath house where she works (no, seriously!), and then onwards for the last official day of the Greenwich Ice Rink at the Old Royal Naval College. While the lads had a spin around the rink for an hour, Kym and I checked out the magnificent Painted Hall and Chapel of the Naval College - astounding!We then trekked over to the Royal Observatory and the Prime Meridian. What a privilege to be tracing the footsteps of the likes of Isaac Newton, Edmond Halley, and many other historic figures linked to this site.
After mooching around for a couple of hours we made our way back home. I interviewed Jackson - the full interview is to be found here, and below is a snippet of the transcript to whet your appetite. Have a great week everyone!
Interviewer: And what are you doing right at the moment?
Jackson: Cutting a cauliflower.
Interviewer: Why are you cutting a cauliflower?
Jackson: For dinner.
Interviewer: Ah, for dinner. What are you making for dinner?
Jackson: A curry.
Interviewer: Didn't you cook last night?
Jackson: I might have.
Interviewer: So why are you doing all this cooking at the moment?
Jackson: Um, I dunno.
Interviewer: Is it because your parental units are lazy?
Jackson: Yeah. That's the reason.
Comments:
<< Home
Hi all!
How do you manage the time to do the school and work thing and still manage to do all this sight aeeing and travel? Great that you all are maintaining your health and energy!
I used some of that pastry to make some apple strudel - it tasted ok but looked home made. by which I mean not by a professional pastry cook!
A little bit of self interest here - do you think that there will be places of interest that you have not seen by the time that we get there?
Wishing you all great times, love Cushla xxxx
How do you manage the time to do the school and work thing and still manage to do all this sight aeeing and travel? Great that you all are maintaining your health and energy!
I used some of that pastry to make some apple strudel - it tasted ok but looked home made. by which I mean not by a professional pastry cook!
A little bit of self interest here - do you think that there will be places of interest that you have not seen by the time that we get there?
Wishing you all great times, love Cushla xxxx
Jackson,
I would really, really love you to come back to Australia and teach Joseph to cook and clean for his dad. All without payment of course.
Joseph and William had lovely week at Nan and Da's at the beach and playing cricket (which is a sport which I think is as boring as watching grass grow).
Da is doing okay. Each day he seems to be getting a little stronger. He wants to play bowls in the local comp in May. He might just do it too.
Looking at the photos you post on the web and the comments made about it being so cold remind me of two boys who once said when they visited Ballarat, 'Who would want to live here?'
Enjoy your time away my friends, I hope it truly is a great adventure.
Geoffrey.
Post a Comment
I would really, really love you to come back to Australia and teach Joseph to cook and clean for his dad. All without payment of course.
Joseph and William had lovely week at Nan and Da's at the beach and playing cricket (which is a sport which I think is as boring as watching grass grow).
Da is doing okay. Each day he seems to be getting a little stronger. He wants to play bowls in the local comp in May. He might just do it too.
Looking at the photos you post on the web and the comments made about it being so cold remind me of two boys who once said when they visited Ballarat, 'Who would want to live here?'
Enjoy your time away my friends, I hope it truly is a great adventure.
Geoffrey.
<< Home

