Thursday, February 08, 2007

 

Flakey weather

Announced by all the trumpets of the sky, arrives the snow, and, driving o'er the fields, seems nowhere to alight: the whited air hides hills and woods, the river, and the heaven, and veils the farmhouse at the garden's end. The sled and traveller stopped, the courier's feet delayed, all friends shut out, the housemates sit around the radiant fireplace, enclosed in a tumultuous privacy of storm.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Cursed by the weather, there is no school or work for us today - just look at the disappointment on the faces of the boys as they confront this unwelcome interruption to their learning!

Comments:
Hi holiday makers!

Great to catch up with your recent experiences. Jackson, your comments are very interesting, great that you are so observant and appreciative of all these new happenings!good luck with the coming exams. How do you and Mitchell rate in building snowmen?
Keep up the good work of having fun and looking out for one another.
Lots of love, Cushla xxxx
 
Hi Joseph here
It is way hotter in ballarat.
It is fun being src rep for grade 3 and 4. We are going swmming today. seeya
joseph
 
Dear Peck Family,
Your comments take me back to every English based novel I've ever read! I can well understand your enjoying England and am envious that I could not have spent longer there. Fancy you doing so well Mitch in your test! In the top of the brainy people in the country...remember we want you to use all that grey matter for the good of Aussie! You all seem to be relishing the snow.
Our household has settled down a bit..the mangy cat not quite so mangy and the vet was pleased with him on his weekly excursion to see her. I give him a drugged drink so the trip in the car is not so traumatic for all concerned!
Shani the pup is settling in well and there are less puddles to mop up. It's the annual races today and Nic is going with a lady he met on a wine tasting cruise. I'm so hoping it goes well for him. Unfortunately it's a wet day which is a shame for those going all dressed up.
Anthony, I've always loved Ralph Waldo Emerson so it's great to hear him quoted. I took forty of my new book, The Signet Ring, to a seminar at the weekend and came back with one! Tomorrow I have to send 10 to Brisbane! Unfortunately I didn't get them 'til noon Friday when I went to the seminar, and where they changed to a better font and had to rearrange the photos, there is one page where a sentence is messed up and repeated. People who bought the book and then took it back to read that night, pointed it out next day. Fortunately it's the printers error and not mine, so maybe he can do the next print for a less money!I only got 100 printed.
Heaps of love to you all! Loretta
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?