Sunday, February 04, 2007
Hey everyone!!!!
Its Jackson here, I haven't written for a while so there's lots to talk about. We have had many extraordinary holidays since we have arrived in this country and they all never cease to amaze me.Our trip to Belgium, France, Wales and Denmark just to name a few and there all different countries!!!!! You would probably think that all this would involve a lot of travel but none more then our usual trip down south in WA. Its crazy all the history which surrounds us some which dates back to Viking times!!!!! Our most recent voyage was to Bath a city in Wiltshire about 3 hours away by car. We were treated to a fabulous tour of the ancient Roman baths. Who would have thought that 2ooo years ago they would have had community recreation centres with heated baths and pools, those Romans. Everything at school is going well I have made many good friends. We have all these huge Exams coming up, pretty ridiculous I'm only 13!!! these exams are really important cause they get me into groups to do my GCSE's that get me into University!!!It was really exciting a week or so ago cause it snowed for three days with day temperatures of -4 how weird is that we walked to school in it. Now all those stories old people say about how they used to walk to school in freezing temperatures with snow we can say HA!!! we've done that to!!!! We have half term approaching at the end of next week so we get to have a week holidays!!!! I think this system is very good cause we get a break every 6 weeks or so weeks off school instead of those tiring 11 week terms we had in Australia. For this break we have a holiday planned (of course!). Together we are going to have a car trip to Bath (the place we were at before and stop at our 3rd cousins B & B I think I forgot to mention that before) there we will stop for a night and continue our journey (approximately another 4 hours) to Cornwall right in the South West corner of England (complete opposite side). Its known for its beaches and scenery so should be great. Another weird thing crossing the entire country in a car in 7 hours!!!! Anyway better go don't want to blabber on any more.
Dad's bit: The pic was taken yesterday just before we headed out to a massive chinese supermarket in Romford. As you can see it is very nice weather at the moment - in fact the boys are squinting into full sunshine - not the winter we imagined...
Comments:
<< Home
Hello Jackson Tuross Head calling.
What a life - holidays every few weeks.
Those exams sounds pretty serious but I know you will handle it alright, I have every confidence in you.
Have a Cornish pastie for us when you go visiting Cornwall.
Da is doing well - he has thrown out the crutches and is just using the stick. Not ready to run around the block yet but he is warming up to it.
Take care. Love Nan ande Da XXX
What a life - holidays every few weeks.
Those exams sounds pretty serious but I know you will handle it alright, I have every confidence in you.
Have a Cornish pastie for us when you go visiting Cornwall.
Da is doing well - he has thrown out the crutches and is just using the stick. Not ready to run around the block yet but he is warming up to it.
Take care. Love Nan ande Da XXX
Hi Jackson,
You are turning into a very good story teller, I really enjoy your stories and I am very glad for your boys getting to see all that history. As you know your cousins got to see some Inca history recently so I shall send you some photos when we get organized. It seems to be that where you are is not as cold as Chicago, Rolando just arrived there for a business meeting and when he walked out off the airport it was -30C but it had warmed up to a balmy -24C when he got to his hotel.
Say hello to Mitch from us
A big hug
Rocio
Post a Comment
You are turning into a very good story teller, I really enjoy your stories and I am very glad for your boys getting to see all that history. As you know your cousins got to see some Inca history recently so I shall send you some photos when we get organized. It seems to be that where you are is not as cold as Chicago, Rolando just arrived there for a business meeting and when he walked out off the airport it was -30C but it had warmed up to a balmy -24C when he got to his hotel.
Say hello to Mitch from us
A big hug
Rocio
<< Home
