Thursday, May 10, 2007

 

Cushla

It beats me how people make any sort of plans to meet up with anybody in this country if they are traveling on public transport. I find the system complicated and not very reliable. I find it interesting that the typical house here seems very noisy (not human noise), from pipes, fans, washing machines, even the click of the mail being delivered through the letter slot. Washing clothes is not a big priority of mine, but a laundry is an essential in a house. I have enjoyed the countryside and the interesting shaped houses set in the paddocks that line the train tracks we have travelled on. I am amazed how confident and independent the boys have become, getting themselves off to school, coming home, getting changed, etc. I am staggered by the expense of living here, for instance transport is very expensive - a return trip from Fremantle to Perth is about AU$2.50, the equivalent here (Wickford to Shenfield return) is about AU$18. In short, I think it is a gutsy enterprise from the four Pecks. We are traveling to see David and Flo in Leeds tomorrow mainly by bus - Flo is Eric's sister and David is Flo's son. We will be back in Wickford on Sunday. Anthony is typing this as I speak because if I typed it wouldn't appear on the blog until we got back home!

Comments:
im glad you enjoyed that time with our favourite friends in essex. the pecks i agree about the public transport and the picture is very green

Igi
 
I too have fond memories (not!) of the trains at least. Cushla, well done to you and Eric for going all that way to visit with your family! Hope you enjoy yourselves and come back with lots of wonderful memories. Looking forward to your next blog - Michelle
 
Hi Cushla,
Well, I was sad to hear that Eric became unwell and that you are visting local hospitals rather than the beautiful sights of Prague. Please give him our best wishes for a complete recovery. Our love to you and all the Pecorinos.
Rocio
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?