Thursday, June 07, 2007

 

Cricket and music

Hi all - I just came off a 13 hour shift at school so please excuse me if the prose is a bit wobbly tonight. It was parent/teacher night, on top of teaching a full load today - no rest for the extremely wicked!
Jackson received a phone call last night from the club - they want him to play for the Wickford 4ths on Saturday, that's a full 52 over game with adults - quite a step up from what he has been doing. It seems his first ball wicket on Monday was noticed! I'll try to get a few pics of the midget among the men on Saturday and post for you to stare in wonder.
Today's pic was taken a few days ago as the boys achieved their long held desire to learn the acoustic guitar. Mitchell traded in his famous blue violin (which was becoming too small for him anyway) and Jackson received perhaps the world's earliest Christmas present as he elected (after some counseling from dad) to hang on to his trumpet for a few years yet.
Now the house is awash with the sounds of plucked strings, curses and abused fingertips. I'm sorry I have been the main blogger lately - I'll try to get the lazy members of the crew to post something for you in the next few days. Bring on the weekend [yawn] - I'm off to bed!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?