Sunday, June 10, 2007
Mitch powers up
Hello dudes and dudettes,This is Mitchell saying that doing my first communion was a great experience. And all of the parish were so welcoming, as I am now part of the Catholic church 'family'. After the communion I realised that this is a big thing that I've done and I realised that when I asked Dad how many times he'd done communion and he looked at me and said thousands. This process of being baptised, confessing and receiving first communion has happened when less than half a year ago I wasn't really interested in religion! Anyway enough of that, this morning I played cricket (we lost), my bowling wasn't spectacular, neither was my batting but I'm pleased with my fielding as I caught two balls and stopped two fours. My cricketing skills have changed since I've left Australia, I swing the ball now. But I guess the cricket is different, well not the cricket but the clubs and spirit of the game. For example when my team was batting there was a snooker table available you don't see that very often in a cricket club also available was a bar!!! And about the spirit of the game, when we were losing everyone started to give up!!! I found that outrageous but that's just me.
Catch you later,
Mitch
Dad's bit: the pic shown today was taken on Saturday of Jackson's first ball in "real" cricket. He doubled the bloke over and rapped him on the upper thigh with a full toss. The umpire called it a no ball. Jackson suffered a little confidence blow and unfortunately then had six tough overs. He did snag one wicket and fielded really well. He also was the not out batsman! Well done, Jackson - and he has been asked back next Saturday. In the meantime he has a game tomorrow night after school. Kym starts at King's College tomorrow - good luck girl!
Comments:
<< Home
Hello Mitchell
Now that you have the hot line to up above don't forget us down here.
Da said Rome wasn't built in a day there will be many more matches to come.
We know that you are both champions not only in sport.
Good luck Kym - knock them dead.
Love to all
Tuross Head XXX
Now that you have the hot line to up above don't forget us down here.
Da said Rome wasn't built in a day there will be many more matches to come.
We know that you are both champions not only in sport.
Good luck Kym - knock them dead.
Love to all
Tuross Head XXX
Hi Kym
Hope your first day went well. I was thinking of you! I'm beginning to feel settled into my role pretending to be you at Research Services. It felt strange being the new girl but I'm beginning to feel like an old hand now!
Is the travel better or worse than before?
Deb
Hope your first day went well. I was thinking of you! I'm beginning to feel settled into my role pretending to be you at Research Services. It felt strange being the new girl but I'm beginning to feel like an old hand now!
Is the travel better or worse than before?
Deb
A big hello to all!
This is my first look at the blog in a while.Thanks to the assistance set up by Kym and Anthony we made it back in the land of Oz. Imagine Eric sitting sedately in a wheelchair through Heathrow and Hong Kong airports, being pushed by a fit airport worker and accompanied by a
very unfit and hastled me. We were met by Greg and boys,we are very happy to be home.Eric is having further tests and continues to improve.
I see that you are keeping up the same pace over there, with church and cricket activities taking up the time when you are not work
ing or at school.Love and good luck
with everything.
Cushla xxxx
Post a Comment
This is my first look at the blog in a while.Thanks to the assistance set up by Kym and Anthony we made it back in the land of Oz. Imagine Eric sitting sedately in a wheelchair through Heathrow and Hong Kong airports, being pushed by a fit airport worker and accompanied by a
very unfit and hastled me. We were met by Greg and boys,we are very happy to be home.Eric is having further tests and continues to improve.
I see that you are keeping up the same pace over there, with church and cricket activities taking up the time when you are not work
ing or at school.Love and good luck
with everything.
Cushla xxxx
<< Home

