Sunday, July 08, 2007

 

Deal of the Century?

Football (soccer to you philistines) is huge in England. It easily takes up the last 10 pages in any newspaper, even the so-called posh ones. People just can't get enough of the minutiae of the sport - it dominates and even subjugates all other sports. Occasionally another sport will displace it, for instance if Lewis Hamilton wins a GP, or some pommy player actually wins a match at Wimbledon. But in the main, the sports pages here are very humdrum for the non-football sports fan.
So it was with much surprise that when I went to the Battlesbridge Antique Centre a few weeks ago I saw a relatively cheap framed souvenir of England's last (only?) football World Cup win. Not only with a picture, but also programme, signed team sheet, ticket and result (see pic). These things go for thousands on ebay, so today the boys cobbled together their pocket money and they bought it. I won't tell you how much it cost, but I will say that the boys don't get as much pocket money as a premier league player! Now the long discussion begins, do we sell it straight away for a handsome profit, or hang on to it for an even more handsome profit? What do you think?

Comments:
Hello from Tuross Head!

I hope your investment in the souvenir pays off - I would hold on to it for some time so that you will make a huge profit.
Hope you are enjoying your day off school ( as well as Dad) and that Kym is not working too hard.

Love from us to you.
" The Elders"
 
Hi travellers!

So, there is an 'antiques road show'
element to this experience as well as
gadding about here, there and everywhere.Good luck with deciding
whether to sell it or hang on to it!!
We had an interesting day today,Greg
took Eric to the Maritime Museum and
I went to the movies with Sebastian and Ryan.Have fun, take care and love
to everyone. Cushla xxxx
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?