Wednesday, July 04, 2007

 

Time ticks slowly

When racing off for previous sojourns overseas I have always found that time passes way too quickly. Two six week stints in the US and Canada whizzed by blurrily (mmm, maybe alcohol played a small part in that), and a couple of weeks in New Zealand seemed like a weekend away. Denmark and Wales - whoosh. Portugal - swish! Belgium - oh wait, that was just one night!! However, the current slowing of time is quite remarkable. I have exactly 12 days of work in comprehensive schools remaining, but time has maddeningly slowed to a treacle-like trickle, and days pass as if for years. On July 20th, please raise a glass for two occasions - the end of my time in educational purgatory, and the return of time to it's normal outrageous passing. Speaking of outrageous passing, check out the pic I took of Valentino Rossi as he winds up onto the main straight at Donnington - how cool is that?
Last Friday I spent the day at New Hall School. In contrast to recent working conditions, the plush leather lounges of the staff room, complete with tea lady, current newspapers, cut-glass accents and flowers in vases, seemed a little OTT. But as the day progressed, I was reminded of the feeling of being appreciated for knowing how to manipulate trigonometric identities, and the gentle interruptions of students with genuine questions relaxed the taut bands across my wrinkled brow. Is this paradise? Time, if it ever returns to normal, will tell.

Comments:
Hi!

So you've all been at it again!
Travelling- to Nottingham- and generally having experiences-on ya!!
Greg Sebastian and Ryan were here for dinner {and walking Buddy} tonight.
School holidays start next week, they are hoping that the weather will
accommodate their boating aspirations.Jackson I hope your leg gets better.Love to all,Cushla xxxx
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?