Monday, August 27, 2007

 

Last week of hols

Everyone in the civilised world checks their mobile phone messages every few minutes, just in case what they do is important. Even in the old days, looking at this statue, checking your mobile was obviously way more important to this old bloke than posing for a sculpture! Anyway - the end of the holidays draws near, but this week we hope to still squeeze in another trip to London (Lords tour) and maybe our first Premier League match on Saturday (Arsenal v Portsmouth). In the meantime I've not been idle - instead I've been wondering about the wisdom of unfettered internet communication when abroad - or even at home. I know my system is secure, because of my combination of paranoia and nerdiness, but for the average puppy things can get pretty grim when opening up your life to the electronic feeding frenzy that the internet has become. Little Johnny's laughable attempt at keeping the "Australian Public" (TM) safe was cracked in 30 minutes by a 16 year old. What to do? How about carrying your computer on your keychain? This week I built a system that allows safe and secure internet access whether you are at home or in an internet cafe in Istanbul. Now I must go and check my mobile to see if anyone thinks it's important...

P.S. I think I got my mojo back - hooray!

Comments:
What do you mean maybe? It is your duty as an honorary Pompey fan!

Dom
 
Definitely going now Dom, tickets arrived today! Off to Emirates Stadium on Sunday - exciting!
 
There is one minor issue, which stand are you in?

If you are not with the Pompey loyal then it doesn't count!

Dom
 
We are with the Pompey loyal, sitting with the away team - look for us on the telly!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?