Tuesday, August 14, 2007

 

Racing around Europe

Salut! According to the Michelin European route planning site our route around Europe was 4462km (2789 miles) and 46 hours, 52 minutes behind the wheel (see map picture) over the 17 days of the trip. From the Mondeo odometer, the mileage was nearly double, thanks to sidetrips and the many times we managed to get lost! We didn't have SatNav, but instead took Michelin inspired maps and directions, and for the most part, it worked fine. A couple of times we needed to stop and drag out the compass (e.g. in Rome), but Kym's navigation and my madcap driving seemed to work well together. I treated Italy like a road racing video game, and that worked out well, making decisions like the locals with the heart and not the head, but don't try it at home kiddies! Driving like a native did result in footpath parking just outside the Vatican, and also just at the base of the Leaning Tower of Pisa! I will get the boys and Kym to make blog entries over the next few days, and I'll match up some pictures as best I can. We did take over 300 pictures, but I promise not to paste them all here.

Comments:
Hi Everyone!

What a hurculean driving feat!
I hope that you are all having a relaxed time now - as far as work, doing cricket all day and umpiring and generally transporting family
around will permit !!
We are doing ordinary things like lunching in Freo etc.
Love Cushla xxxx
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?