Saturday, November 03, 2007
Hey everybody!
Well we just had a great holiday in France after our half term break. It seems like we are always off in this country! We started our journey on Friday by doing the usual trip to Dover and on the ferry to Calais but this time we had to go with the normal people but it was okay. We arrived to France late and drove to Paris. The next day we went to the famous Louvre which was silly because we only had a day and there were so many things! I'm not a person who likes to stand for hours and look at different colours on paper but it was amazing!! So many paintings, so little time and a great building as well.Also I saw the Mona Lisa, it was a bit weird there were a lot better paintings throughout Le Louvre but everyone was crowded around the Mona Lisa and It also was quite small which is silly. So there's about a million people crowding around the Mona Lisa behind this rope thing. Killing people in their way to reach the best position and there's a Ginormous painting behind them and I mean huge, which tells a whole story and was a lot more amazing if you ask my art expertise. That's all we did on Saturday and we headed on home and had a great traditional French meal including bacon, eggs, sausages and even baked beans. By the way the apartment we rented was very nice and I couldn't believe that we got this place for a reasonable price in Paris! We soon found out why when we were walking around our local area as it was complete with shouting people, beggars, mumbling weirdo's and every shop in the shopping centre had there own security guards and sniffing dogs!
The next day was the best day as we did a great open bus tour that showed so many great things in Paris I had never heard of! Although it was really cold it was still amazing. On this day we also saw the Arc di Triumph which was surprisingly high and we got a great view over Paris. This view was not as good as the Eiffel tower which we went to some minutes after! It was incredible all the extraordinary places in such a small area. We were able to climb the Eiffel tower except for mum who had to stop and have a pastry half way up. It was a bit disappointing because the Eiffel tower is brown and I thought it would be gold or something like that but we did buy a cool green flamed lighter there from these illegal selling people. It was really funny because one of them shouted police and all of them ran away being chased by a Policeman on a push bike! We then walked up the road and they were all there again. That night we went to a restaurant for dinner which was very nice and to make it even better it was just underneath the Notre Dame. We also saw the Sacre Coeur and from there we could see the Eiffel tower with all it's lights on and a huge searchlight on the top.
The next day we sadly headed home after a fantastic holiday which I have to say was better than some of our longer holidays around Europe!
Bye from Jackson!
Comments:
<< Home
Hi Jackson
It seems as if you packed a lot into a couple of days - we travelled along with you in spirit. It must have been fantastic climbing the Eiffel Towers and I think if I had to do it I would stop many times for refreshments.
Parts of Australia have had the best rains for years - we are hoping it is the breaking of the
drought.
Good luck with your new term at school. Love Nan and Da xx
It seems as if you packed a lot into a couple of days - we travelled along with you in spirit. It must have been fantastic climbing the Eiffel Towers and I think if I had to do it I would stop many times for refreshments.
Parts of Australia have had the best rains for years - we are hoping it is the breaking of the
drought.
Good luck with your new term at school. Love Nan and Da xx
Hi Pecky Pecks
Good to hear you had a fantastic time in Paris and enjoyed the city of lights. You may have a better feeling for the place now!
I agree with you Jackson, the first time I saw "La Joconde" I expected a much larger painting.
In which part of Paris did you stay? Sounds like it was a bit rough...
Aurevoir.
Les "Kranklins"
Good to hear you had a fantastic time in Paris and enjoyed the city of lights. You may have a better feeling for the place now!
I agree with you Jackson, the first time I saw "La Joconde" I expected a much larger painting.
In which part of Paris did you stay? Sounds like it was a bit rough...
Aurevoir.
Les "Kranklins"
Hello Lass and Lads,
Here I am on your Blog waiting for Norton Internet Security customer service - Your call is impotant to us - HA. Never buy Norton.
You, you hounds and your midterm breaks. Why would you want to come home with all those holidays. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.
By the way, no more kissing shots at the Eiffel Tower - Yickie, yichie, yickie. You've been married far to long for that.
Enjoy
Post a Comment
Here I am on your Blog waiting for Norton Internet Security customer service - Your call is impotant to us - HA. Never buy Norton.
You, you hounds and your midterm breaks. Why would you want to come home with all those holidays. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.
By the way, no more kissing shots at the Eiffel Tower - Yickie, yichie, yickie. You've been married far to long for that.
Enjoy
<< Home
