Monday, November 26, 2007
No pain, no gain
Several blogs ago I mentioned my run around with the health system regarding my LIGTN (left ingrown toe nail). Well, I set Kym the bureaucracy buster onto the case and as a result, last week I was given a surgery date. So, next Monday I will be going in for what I can only assume will be another painful chapter in the medical madness that has befallen me since being in the UK. I've got to ask, is it this country or is it just that I've reached that certain age when things start to fall apart? Mmmm, best not to explore that thought. I will say that I have modified my answer to that disturbing, probing question about my age. I now say "I am four years away from forty". I can state this confident in the mathematical certainty that forty-four is indeed four years away from forty - no need to mention which side of forty!The nights are crashing down and staying down for some length of time at the moment. Sunrise was 7:34 this morning and sunset at a ridiculous 16:00. Chillingly, that means that today we had over fifteen and a half hours of darkness, and just under eight and a half hours of light - boo hoo! And the worst is yet to come, with winter solstice still another month away!
Cheers (by candlelight),
Ant and family
P.S. The picture is slightly staged, showing my little corner of New Hall School, as I draw the students' attention to revision exercises prior to a test in Year 7 Mathematics. I love assessment so much, that explains the evil grin. I can't explain why I am wearing two ties, that would take too long...
Comments:
<< Home
Hi from us!
Yes I was wondering about the two ties - was it dress up day?
Good luck with the sore toe business - you know what that country is telling you - time to go home.
Take care and will speak to you later.
Love from Tuross Head
Yes I was wondering about the two ties - was it dress up day?
Good luck with the sore toe business - you know what that country is telling you - time to go home.
Take care and will speak to you later.
Love from Tuross Head
Enjoy the nurses you old crock.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY - MITCH
(No matter how old you get your dad will always be far, far older.
And, don't tell your mum, but she will be too)
Geoffrey & Joseph
Post a Comment
HAPPY BIRTHDAY - MITCH
(No matter how old you get your dad will always be far, far older.
And, don't tell your mum, but she will be too)
Geoffrey & Joseph
<< Home
