Saturday, December 15, 2007
Ho, ho, ho....or is that really out of favour in Aus these days???
I was mystified to read in one of the London free papers that Australia had banned the expression 'ho, ho, ho' and replaced it with 'ha, ha, ha'; apparently the boys have been copping on earful of ridicule from their school mates because ' Australia has banned Santa's laugh!'I was amused at the Chavtivity scene (see picture) that appeared in the Metro this week...a sad state of affairs in this neck of the woods!
Only one week of work for me, then off to Bavaria for a week. We are hoping to go 'cold shopping' tomorrow to stock up on supplies that will definitely be required in Germany. This week we have had morning temperatures down to -4 degrees already though, and the promise of snow in the next few days!
Speaking of work, I have met my required yearly targets for work, so the pressure is off for me for the rest of the UK academic year. I have one of my colleagues moving down under to Brisbane in February with his English wife, who in her thirties has never learnt to drive. James, an Aussie who has lived in UK for 11 years, has been quick to point out to his wife that chances are you will be required to drive in Brisbane........the city is not criss-crossed with tube stations every 400 meters or so!
Anyway, it is Friday night, I have had a cider, now starting on a white wine, and time to retire to the lounge...
So here's hoping you have a fantastic Christmas and a relaxing New Year and catch up with you in 2008.......I can tell you 2007 has been one year to behold!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers and lots of love
Kym x x x xx