Friday, January 25, 2008
Chess of Corus
When you reach seventeen years of marriage you'd better have a damn good excuse for missing the anniversary. Like being in Amsterdam for a chess tournament?
Thanks to Kym's endless patience and understanding I will be winging my way to Wijk aan Zee early tomorrow to catch the last two days of the annual international chess tournament. Fortunately the tournament is far from decided and the last two rounds should provide sensational chess. The chances of that meaning anything to anyone who reads this is fairly minimal, so I'll provide some translations:
Aussie: "I'm going to see Carlton and Collingwood play in the Grand Final tomorrow"
UK: "I'm off to see Arsenal and Manchester United in the FA cup tomorrow"
USA: "I have tickets to see the decider in the World Series!"
France: "I am seeing the last stage of the Tour tomorrow"
Italy: "AC Milan is playing Genoa tomorrow, and I will be watching."
Switzerland: "There is a bank holiday tomorrow"
I hope to bore you all with details and photos next week. Until then, happy anniversary and thank you Kym, have a great weekend everyone!
Ant.
Thanks to Kym's endless patience and understanding I will be winging my way to Wijk aan Zee early tomorrow to catch the last two days of the annual international chess tournament. Fortunately the tournament is far from decided and the last two rounds should provide sensational chess. The chances of that meaning anything to anyone who reads this is fairly minimal, so I'll provide some translations:
Aussie: "I'm going to see Carlton and Collingwood play in the Grand Final tomorrow"
UK: "I'm off to see Arsenal and Manchester United in the FA cup tomorrow"
USA: "I have tickets to see the decider in the World Series!"
France: "I am seeing the last stage of the Tour tomorrow"
Italy: "AC Milan is playing Genoa tomorrow, and I will be watching."
Switzerland: "There is a bank holiday tomorrow"
I hope to bore you all with details and photos next week. Until then, happy anniversary and thank you Kym, have a great weekend everyone!
Ant.
Comments:
<< Home
Hello over there!
What a good wife you have to allow you the time out to go to a chess tournament and on your wedding anniversary - maybe you will have to spoil her a little when you return. Been down to the beach this morning for an Australia Day brekkie, the sun was shining, surfie out on their boards and people swimming. All this at 8-00a.m.
Happy anniversary to you both, may all the years to come be kind to you.
Love from Tuross Head xx
Post a Comment
What a good wife you have to allow you the time out to go to a chess tournament and on your wedding anniversary - maybe you will have to spoil her a little when you return. Been down to the beach this morning for an Australia Day brekkie, the sun was shining, surfie out on their boards and people swimming. All this at 8-00a.m.
Happy anniversary to you both, may all the years to come be kind to you.
Love from Tuross Head xx
<< Home
