Saturday, February 23, 2008

 

You are so beautiful in winter!

Planning a Romanian adventure in April, I happened across a raft of poems originating from this country I know so little about. The title of today's blog is the first line from "Winter Song" by Nichita Stãnescu. Winter is drawing to a close here and the days are getting longer. We do not have to egress in the dark anymore and that has considerably cheered not just ourselves but all the surrounding locals.
The boys have settled once again into routine upon their return from the half-term break, and in fact believe it or not they have commenced cricket training indoors at the local school hall. Cricket? Crikey!
I am in the midst of marking and reports, so apologies for the foreshortened prose today - must fly and continue my unpaid overtime {sigh}. Kym and the boys say hello - please drop us a line, or call!
Ant
P.S. Today's pic is a scan of a print Kym picked up as a series from local York artist Andrew Gilmour. We have bought so much art here in Europe we will need a mansion just to view it! I will post a couple of pics of some of the pieces in the next few blogs.

Comments:
Hello to the UK Pecks!
You are going out of winter and we are now in autumn which suits me fine as I think it is the best season.
We might have some art to show you when you return as Noel is busy studying" Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain" by Betty Edwards. He has always been interested so here's hoping a new hobby coming up.
Love to all over there from Tuross Head XX
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?