Saturday, March 15, 2008

 

Curiouser and curiouser

If you are very quick (i.e. the next few days only), you might catch the BBC2 documentary Wonderland: The Curious World of Frinton-on-Sea which will give you a little window on what the locals are like around these parts. Very entertaining! It was aired here a few days ago and has the county up in arms about the portrayal of Essex rural life. Spot on I say - having spent a day in Walton-on-the-naze. If you are not able to view the doco because you are out of the UK area, and you are a certified nerd, use a local proxy server to get around the legalities.
Today is Jackson's faux birthday - as his real birthday coincides with our visit to the Carpathian mountains. So we gathered at the Billericay Skirmish facility and for the next 7 hours the boys shot other teams mercilessly. Such youthful enthusiasm and accuracy meant that at the end of the marathon they were the winning team! Well done Jackson, Mitchell and their mates (see picture).
While the boys were getting orange paint all over the opposition, Kym and I slipped away to the local "high street" for a coffee. Long have I railed against the supermarkets in Australia for their contemptuously ignorant "12 items or less" signs, and today I was almost moved to tears upon seeing the local Waitrose equivalent "6 items or fewer". My God - there is hope for the next generation after all! Now if only I can get some consistency regarding the use of the apostrophe; I can die happy.
Have a great weekend y'all,
Ant.

Comments:
Hello all!
I hope that you have a restful but
interesting Easter break so you have plenty of energy for the coming
Romanian trip.That is a nice picture
of the paint-balling participants.
Sebastian had his school ball last
night, I haven't seen him to get an account of the event yet.Take care,
I hope that the Carpathian mountains
and all aspects of the trip are great. Love Eric and Cushla xxxx
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?