Sunday, April 20, 2008
Mitchell brings you up to date
Hello folks,It's Mitchell here! It seems like forever since I've blogged. I have a lot to fill in for you guys. Well I suppose I should start with Romania. After Romania I learnt not to judge a book by it's cover. After I told my class mates I was going to Romania they looked at me like I just crawled out from the sewer. I began to think that it was risky going to Romania after I had heard how dodgy it was supposed to be. But that wasn't the case when we arrived. OK I'm going to be totally honest with you. Bucharest (the capital city of Romania) looks like a bit of a dump. Especially the main train station Gara de Nord. I suppose that we were lucky to see Bucharest before Brasov, because I think that if we didn't we would be able to realise exactly how beautiful it really is.
The Romanian country side is amazing! It was a mix of forest and mountains, which are inhabited by wolves and bears which we weren't lucky enough to see. But I think it would be a lot better if it wasn't for the rubbish strewn across the ground and the local gypsies going through it. I'm sure Jackson talked all about Romania so I'll go onto our trip to London the weekend after we arrived in London from our three hour delayed flight.
The Peck family plus Chelsie (my girl friend) decided that it had been a while since we had gone into London as a family. So we took a train in while we made up a rough plan of what to do. The end plan was that Jackson, Chelsie and I would watch the Spider-wick Chronicles at the I-max cinema while Mum and Dad checked out the V&A (Victoria and Albert) Museum. When we got off the train (where we went past the 2012 Olympic stadium construction site) we walked to London Bridge and caught the Thames Clipper. Which is a passenger boat that travels along the Thames to Waterloo. Whilst we were on the Clipper we heard the most posh, upper class English old dear saying “On and off, what an efficient way to travel!” in the most ridiculous accent imaginable. But I suppose that it's a nice change from the Essexian grunting that we have become familiar to.
After we got off the Clipper (which Dad spent all of his time in the toilet but says he was filming out the back) we walked over to a familiar Cafe where we had Italian food for lunch. After lunch Mum and Dad headed off to the V&A. Shortly after Jackson, Chelsie and I walked over to the I-max cinema. I enjoyed the movie although it isn't the type of movie I would usually watch. Jackson claimed that it was the “Scariest kids movie he had ever seen!” When Dad had one of his friends (Mitz) from work bring his family for the Peck tradition scones in the evening, Mitz' daughter (around seven) laughed at him and said it was a great movie.
Mum and Dad had a good time at the V&A from what I've heard. We all met up again near Waterloo station where we were told by Mum and Dad that we were going to go to the Australia Shop. AT the sound of that I suddenly had a burst of excitement and envy. Excitement of the thought of me getting my teeth into a Redskin. And envy of all you back home firstly of being in Australia and secondly of the thought of you being able to walk into any shop and get a Redskin. Anyway we ended up getting around ₤60 ($120) of Australian lollies (sweets as English people would say). All up it was an excellent day! Jackson and I were amused on the train trip home by watching in fascination Chelsie attempted saying Poland like an Aussie.
Talk to ya later folks! Mitch
Comments:
<< Home
Hello Mitchell & family!
It is interesting reading all the
blogs and being informed of the
aspects that prove notable to each
of you.This has got to be a great
exercise in recall and description
for you boys in your future school
assignments.It sounds as though you
and Jackson are becoming quite at
home in London. I.m looking forward
to you all becoming familiar with
Leeming and Freo again.Love Cushla x
Post a Comment
It is interesting reading all the
blogs and being informed of the
aspects that prove notable to each
of you.This has got to be a great
exercise in recall and description
for you boys in your future school
assignments.It sounds as though you
and Jackson are becoming quite at
home in London. I.m looking forward
to you all becoming familiar with
Leeming and Freo again.Love Cushla x
<< Home
