Sunday, May 04, 2008

 

Mitchell's start to the brighter season

It seems that my blogs are becoming more frequent. That's probably a good thing as I have something to talk about today. The official start to the cricket season has started for me, and the weather is co-operating with us! Last year I was a year 7 in school and my team was made up of year 7s and 8s. So I was in the younger half of the team but this year I am in the older half. I have the power! This year I am trying to help out the youngsters and be more inviting than the year 8s were last year.

Today I opened the bowling like I did last year and my first over wasn't very good. My over looked like this. 2,4,1 (wide ball),0,0,0. My next 3 overs were a lot better than that which was good. If anyone asks my first over was my warm-up over! In the end I didn't get any wickets bowling. I think that this years team is the better version of last years team. I think that I can say that because this year we all seem to be more awake and on our toes. We kept the opposing team (Basildon) down to a total of 54 runs after 20 overs. They had a run rate (how many runs you get on average every over) of 2.7. Which in the end isn't so impressing

I was happier with my fielding that I was with my bowling because I caught 3 balls! When I walked of the field my coach called me bucket hands and my team mates were joking around saying “Why don't you share Mitch?”

My team batted well but we need to stay in a bit longer because we lost a few wickets. I told my coach that I didn't really want to bat so I got put in at number 11. You can guess that I didn't bat. We exceeded Basildon's total with 4 overs to spare. So overall I'm happy with my team and I'm happy with my contribution to the team. It was a great start to the season!

Mitch

Comments:
Hello again Mitch!
As long as you are happy with your
contribution to the game all is positive, especially as your team did well. I would like to claim to be
familiar with the actual scores but
Mitch, you know me, you would know
that I was fibbing!!
Just think, it is not too many weeks
and you will all be here in the land
with the laid-back lifestyle. Until
then, take care. Love Nan xxxx
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?