Friday, September 26, 2008

 

All blogged out

After more than two years of blogging, the time now comes to close off the public portal to our lives. We would like to thank all of those who have visited here, offering support and staying in touch. I had no idea of how important this link would become in our lives when I started in 2006!
We are now *almost* back into our "normal" lives here in Perth. Most of our possessions have arrived and, as is usual, we have a few stories to tell...like the extra box that contained the remains of a bloke cremated in Surrey in 1997! I just hope he gets back to his family and in the meantime our clothes are not being scattered from some cliff top in the Outer Hebrides!
The Mondeo arrived safely, but the paperwork is killing me! It seems from my amateur observations that nearly every government department both here and in the UK requires not only copious signed documents regarding every last detail about the car, but also a little tax on the side would be nice as well. Would I recommend bringing an ordinary family car back from the UK? Ask me in six months time, but for now - NO!
The boys are back in school, Kym is back at work, and I am negotiating with a number of schools over my services for fourth term and beyond. Life will return to what we call "normal" but which I suspect most people regard as totally bizarre. And isn't that the way it should be? Please feel free to leave a comment, but don't expect it to be here next time...I will shut down this blog in a few weeks time.
So long, and thanks for all the fish!
Ant+family
P.S. The pic is of a proper Aussie BBQ - the kids reunite with their paternal grandparents.

Comments:
Hello

It is a bit sad in a way, it has been like a good friend to re-hash the experiences with, I will miss it familiarity but will enjoy referring to it on many occasions in the future.

Kym
 
Bye Blog from Tuross Head.
It was been a wonderful way to have kept up with your wanderings but we are happy you are back in Aussie even though it is the other side of the country.

Love from us.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?